Failed to authenticate the user Current datastage


Hi gurus! 
I have DataStage v 8.1 on a Windows 2003 server. 
After two-three weeks I cannot login to "Administrator Client" nor "Designer Client". I get this error message: 
Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain 
Could not connect to server [XAXAMP34] on port [9080]. 
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Could not connect to server [XAXAMP34] on port [9080]. 
at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.Authenticat ionService.getLoginException(AuthenticationService.java:991) 
etc. 
The Client is on the server, so it has nothing to do with the firewall. I can see that the "IBM WebSphere Aplication Server V6" is not running. When I start it it goes down after seconds. 
I have reinstalled and everything is ok for 2-3 weeks and then I am restricted from login again. 
Can anyone help me? 
Best Regards, 
Haldur Johansen


Sol 1 : It sounds like one of the UID PWD are expiring, maybe xmeta. Try the passwords for your configuration to ensure they have not expired.


Sol 2 : It seems that you are facing a user-id pwd mismatch or invalidity of 
uid/pwd......



Sol 3 ; Hi, 
It seems that the problem is in Websphere Application Server.Try to create 
the new profile of WAS and try to install the new application on newly 
created profile. 
Regards, 
Vishal Joshi


Sol 4 : It was the xmeta password :) 
Thanks!


XMETA PASSWORD :


My xmeta password expired and needed to be changed. I now see errors in SystemOut.log that my xmeta password is wrong. How can I tell WebSphere what my new xmeta password is?


Answer
As an admin user, you will need to run:
On Unix/Linux:
IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin/AppServerAdmin.sh -db -user xmeta -password <your password>
On Windows:
IBM\InformationServer\ASBServer\bin\AppServerAdmin -db -user xmeta -password <your password>



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[SOLVED]* Please wait for the system Event Notification service

Rebuild the initial ramdisk image in Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Python reference Interview questions